Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Heart is Aching

Next month will be our two year anniversary of being logged in to the China Adoption system. Every month they seem to match less days than the month before. This month they only matched 5 days. They have only made it through Jan. 9th of 2006. If China continues at this rate we will not receive a referral until Oct. of 2010. We started this process in August of 2005. So by the time we get a referral the entire process will have taken 5 years. When we started it was only suppose to take 12 months. Needless to say Darrell and I are so frustrated and sad. We so badly want to be parents. We want more than one child but with this taking so long we are not sure if we should wait to start another adoption until after we get our baby from China or go ahead and consider starting a second adoption now. We have so many questions. Our prayer is that God will show us what we are suppose to do. Maybe there is a reason we are having to wait so long. I don't know. I just know that my heart aches to be a mother and I so badly want to hold our precious daughter or daughters from China in my arms. I pray that God will keep them safe while we wait for them. I also pray that God will make a way for us to be parents as soon as possible. If you read this blog I ask that you would also pray for all the children in China who are waiting for a family and all the families that are waiting for a child.

5 comments:

Stephe said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog! I know the wait is hard!!! I'm LID 2-17-06 same as Donna & Joe from "waiting for Lauren Elizabeth". Keep the faith and try to keep busy! I'm surviving through retail therapy! My girl is not going to have to buy clothes until she's 16 at this rate!!!

Stephe
http://www.GiorgiaDanette.blogspot.com

Stephe said...

Krista, I'd be honored if you put my link on your blog! :)

Linda said...

Keep smiling, Don't let this get you down..All in it's own time. There has to be a reason and maybe it's a test of your patience, because you know your baby will be so wanted by the time she comes home, noone could love her more... We will all keep praying for a speed up and quick referrals...Linda

Mike and Cheryl said...

Hi Krista,
I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to your message ~ i was away on a course all week, glad to be home though!!
We've added your blogsite to our (by the way, i LOVE it!!), you can certainly add ours to your links if you like,
Mike and Cheryl Morrison (Journey to Maelin).

Mike and Cheryl said...

Hi Krista,
I just saw your post "my heart is aching"...Mike and I are in the very same boat ~ we starting our paperwork in August 05, which seems like an eternity has gone by!!!
We (or especially, me), Mike has the patience of a Saint I think...are finding the wait very long. On paper, we are only two months away from where CCAA is at ~ but we are LID for March 15th, and someone told me it took them 6 months to do December, and apparently the March files are even more than December. I keep telling people that we are going this year, but I'm really not sure. We were hoping to adopt another child from China, but the wait has been so long..I don't even know if our age will still be under their new regulations!!! (sorry for the long post, and the complaining!!! I'm just finding it's getting harder (waiting), every month that goes by...
We need to keep busy or something, I'm not sure what the answer is...
Cheryl