Friday, January 11, 2008

My Dad

I hope everyone's Christmas was great. Our family had a rough holiday. My dad was in the hospital Thanksgiving and Christmas. He was sick for quite awhile and on Jan. 2, 2008 he went home to be with the Lord. I know he is in heaven and is in no more pain but it's still hard to give him up. My dad was a great dad. Growing up he went to every basketball game I played in, every football game I danced at and every choir concert I sang in. He took me to school every morning because I hated to ride the bus. He led me to Jesus and baptized me. I am so thankful that I had such a great dad for as long as I did. He was a man of God who loved people and who loved to laugh. I am sad that he will not get to meet our babies and watch them grow up. He would have been a great grandpa to them. I will love and cherish him always.

6 comments:

Anne said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Thanks for sharing some of your special memories of him...I know he must have been amazing! You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Kent West said...

I'm sorry you're having to go through this pain. But know that this is temporary; as a child of God, he's got more Life now than we can even imagine. And someday, it'll all be put back Right again. In the meanwhile, don't let anyone (including me) tell you to "Feel better"; feel what you need to feel. As Anne said, our prayers are with you.

Linda said...

How lucky you are that you had such a Great Dad. Treasure all your memories of him and know He is always with you in your heart. You will pass along all the love he gave you to your children so in a way they will know him too...you are in my prayers....Linda

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

How lucky you are that you had such a Great Dad. Treasure all your memories of him and know He is always with you in your heart. You will pass along all the love he gave you to your children so in a way they will know him too...you are in my prayers....Linda

Donna said...

I haven't checked in on your blog for a while and just read your most recent post. I'm SO incredibly sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure this past couple of weeks has been very difficult for you and I'm so sorry for your pain. I'm glad to hear that you have so many happy memories of time spent with him...you will carry those always.

Hugs...
Donna :)